:/

:/

Sunday, September 7, 2014

I'd like my crayons back

I always wanted a creative job as a kid. I wanted to be a writer, a director, an artist, ect. I just wanted to create and leave a footprint on the earth. Lately i've been thinking about software engineering or managing a restaurant. I just want a decent paying job that isn't too difficult. I just want to be another mindless slave to society. Wake up, work, go home, repeat. Set my goals just high enough to get me through life. I'm too scared to try and do something in life that i can be proud of. I've always been told to have a realistic job that pays well, get married, have kids, and then die. How can i die knowing that all i've accomplished in life is a college degree and some promotions. When i'm old i'll be thinking about when I was a kid and all I wanted to do was play outside and didn't worry about my future. So, yeah, i'd like my crayons back.

"Do not let school ruin your education"
-Mark Twain 

1 comment:

  1. "How can i die knowing that all i've accomplished in life is a college degree and some promotions." I feel the same way. If I grow old and grey and that is all I have to my name I will be completely devistated.

    ReplyDelete